Responsible for packaging, preparing, and fulfilling all wholesale and retail orders.
- Uses the documentation provided by the Production Manager to accurately label, date, and fill coffee and tea bags.
- Fulfills online retail orders - this includes, but is not limited to: building boxes, picking product, accurately filling boxes, labeling and sealing boxes, and stacking finished boxes in designated area.
- Fulfills Trade Coffee orders - this includes, but is not limited to: building boxes, picking product, accurately filling boxes, labeling and sealing boxes, and stacking finished boxes in designated area.
- Stays ahead of tea bagging when possible; keeping tea shelves stocked to par.
- Stays ahead of labeling Foundational Lots and Exclusive Lots coffee bags to par.
- Occasionally, the person in this position will be required to accompany and assist a member of the roasting team on their weekly trip to Passenger’s freezing facility to retrieve coffee for the coming week.
- General cleaning of production floor and equipment at Production Manager’s discretion.
- Be a respectable citizen of the city or neighboring town within a 30 mile radius of HQ.
- Own a cell phone with the ability to call, text, email, and support work-related applications.
- Display an affinity for our products, core values, and company culture.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a sustained and professional manner.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm and respectful in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Reports hazards and/or injuries as soon as they occur.
- Intentional about decreasing waste and any negative environmental impacts.
- Reliable transportation to work.
- If driving, must have a valid driver’s license and submit a Motor Vehicle report before time of hire.
- Work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays if needed/required.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift 50-75 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Occasional exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing)
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters and knives.
- Ability to use warehouse equipment, including handcarts, pallet jacks and ladders.
Desired Work Experience
- Some experience working in a production setting
Reports to: Production Manager
Note: Passenger is an Equal Opportunity employer seeking to build an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of our city. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, women, and the LGBTQ community. The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements for every position. Requirements build as one progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the particular position.